Subo al tren descarrilado camino a la chingada. Traigo la sangre caliente.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Couvrir ton corps d'or et de lumière

"Listen, you're not going soft on me, are you? I mean, you're not going to start dreaming about me and waking up all sweaty and looking at me like I'm some sort of princess when I burp?" - Susie in The Fabulous Baker Boys

"I have a hard-on for you the size of Florida!" - Parry in The Fisher King

"I want to feel my life. I want to stop agreeing to things I don't really want." - Judith Moore in Living Out Loud

"You think my life turned out the way I wanted because I live in this house? You think every morning I wake up, look in the mirror and say 'Gee I'm glad I'm me and not some 19-year-old billionaire rockstar with the body of an athelete and a 24-hour erection!' No I don't! So just excuse the shit out of me!"- Lloyd in The Ref

"Rome is a very old city. Three-thousand years. How old are you? Fifty?" - Paolo in The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone

The Streetgirl: "And then?"
Emma: "Then what?"
The Streetgirl: "What happened after?"
Emma: "There is no 'then'. There is no 'after'."
- from That Hamilton Woman

"I should have waited until I met you. But I didn't, and now I'm not free." - Carrie in Carrie

"I'm in love for the first time in my life." - Emma in Murphy's Romance

"Our gorgeous lie did not even last the night." - Dr. Han Suyin in Love is a Many-Splendored Thing

"You and nobody else is gonna wring me out and hang me up to dry again." - Eloise in Mogambo

Caroline: "I had this dream..."
Lloyd: "Do we have to do dreams?"
Caroline: "I'm in this restaurant, and the waiter brings me my entree. It was a salad. It was Lloyd's head on a plate of spinach with his penis sticking out of his ear. And I said, 'I didn't order this.' And the waiter said, 'Oh you must try it, it's a delicacy. But don't eat the penis, it's just garnish.'
Dr. Wong: "Lloyd, what do you think about the dream?"
Lloyd: "I think she should stop telling it at dinner parties to all our friends."
- from The Ref

"If there is anything you want, anything at all. Come to me. I will be your guardian angel" - Ned Merrill in The Swimmer

"Oh yes. When I listen to poetry and music, then I can live. You see, darling, the rest of the time it's just me. And that's not enough." - Trish in Educating Rita

"I know one thing. While Frank Baker was home putting his kids to sleep last night, little brother Jack was out dusting off his dreams for a few minutes. I was there. I saw it in your face. You're full of shit. You're a fake. Every time you walk into some shitty daiquiri hut, you're selling yourself on the cheap. Hey, I know all about that. I'd find myself at the end of the night with some creep and tell myself it didn't matter. And you kid yourself that you've got this empty place inside where you can put it all. But you do it long enough and all you are is empty." - Susie in The Fabulous Baker Boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home