Subo al tren descarrilado camino a la chingada. Traigo la sangre caliente.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Sweet, comic valentine

Quotes I love which are also keeping me from boring myself to death right now.

"Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice." - Madeleine in Vertigo

"Conrad. Let's have a great Christmas. Let's have... a great year. Let's have the best year of our whole lives. We can, you know... this could be the best one ever. " - Karen in Ordinary People

"Screw the Oscars. Screw the Academy Awards. Screw me, Sidney. Please. Please." - Diana Barrie in California Suite

Tommy: "Mom, are we in Arizona yet?"
Alice: "If you ask me that one more time, I'm gonna beat you to death. Just sit back there and relax and enjoy life, huh?"
Tommy: "Life is short."
Alice: "So are you."
- From Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore

"Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower, we will grieve not; rather find strength in what remains behind." - Wilma Dean in Splendor in the Grass

"Well, when I get the mean reds the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!" - Holly in Breakfast at Tiffany's

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories... And we've already missed the spring." - Terry McKay in An Affair to Remember

"You will notice that what we are aiming at when we fall in love is a very strange paradox. The paradox consists of the fact that, when we fall in love, we are seeking to re-find all or some of the people to whom we were attached as children. On the other hand, we ask our beloved to correct all of the wrongs that these early parents or siblings inflicted upon us. So that love contains in it the contradiction: The attempt to return to the past and the attempt to undo the past." - Professor Levy in Crimes and Misdemeanors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home